Giving a designer Photoshop brushes is like putting a kid in a candy store. We all go nuts experimenting with different brush effects to see our new tools in action!
Submit to Our Tuts+ Community Brush Pack!
Have you ever experimented with making your own brushes in Photoshop? Well, don’t let them go to waste!
For this project we want your help in building the ultimate brush pack full of free goodies that can be used in Photoshop. From grunge, to fractal, and even the experimental, bring us your own unique brushes to share with the community!
Want to contribute but not sure how to get started? First read up on the rules and guidelines, and then scroll on down for tutorials and inspiration.
How to Enter This Community Project:
- Create and upload your custom Photoshop brush to your own site or social media (e.g. DeviantArt) as a .ZIP file. Link to the brush within the comments section of this post.
- Include your name, website, and a brief bio of yourself along with your entry.
At the end of this project, all brushes will be collected and organized to create the ultimate freebie brush pack!
- Brushes must be Photoshop compatible. Link to one or more custom brushes in the comments. The deadline for submissions to be included in the showcase article and official community brush pack is July 31st, 2015.
- Link only to brushes created by you. Please no links to outside sources other than your own custom creations.
- Link only to brushes that are free for personal and commercial use. We’re giving these away after all!
you publish your artwork on this article, you agree that the graphic(s)
can be included in one or more articles on Tuts+ and perhaps shared with
other readers on the Tuts+ network via social media.
- Submit and have fun!
Check out these tutorials to learn how to make your own Photoshop brushes from scratch!
Create an incredible Shattered Glass Brush in Adobe Photoshop.
Learn how to render animal hair with your own custom Fur Brush in Adobe Photoshop.
Finish off a beautiful mermaid painting with this clever Fish Scale Brush.
Create an easy custom Blood Splatter Brush for all your ghoulish creations.
Can’t get enough? Here are some more tutorials to look at:
- How to Create Custom Water Splash Brushes in Adobe Photoshop
- Create Your Own Grunge Brushes in Adobe Photoshop
- How to Create Smoke Brushes in Adobe Photoshop
In fact, we’ve got a whole series dedicated to creating your own custom brushes in Photoshop. Check them out!
Read more here:: Contribute to the Tuts+ Adobe Photoshop Community Brush Pack!