By Darren Rowse
Low key lighting when taking portraits is an effective technique that can leave you with some beautiful images.
In this video Gavin Hoey explains how to set up a low key lighting portrait in a small home or portable studio. It really is achievable with a relatively simple setup.
If you give some low key lighting portraits a go we’d LOVE to see your results in comments below.
Further Low Key Lighting Portrait Reading
Interested in learning more? Here’s some tutorials in our archives on low key lighting.
- How to Create Dark Moody Low-Key Portraits with Minimal Gear
- Get an Invisible Black Background to Your Portraits – Shooting Anywhere
- Setting The Mood With Low Key Lighting
- Low-Key Lighting for Dramatic Portraits
- Low Key Lighting Portrait Example
tablet_slots.push( googletag.defineSlot( “/1005424/_dPSv4_tab-all-article-bottom_(300×250)”,