Enhance your MoMA visit this week with activities inside and out. Don’t miss these highlights:
• Join Gallery Sessions today and explore the exhibition Art on Camera: Photographs by Shunk-Kender, 1960–1971. Learn about the duo’s collaborative photo-documentary projects and the role of the photograph in capturing performance.
• On Tuesday at 12:30 p.m., drop by for Stratocaster Sessions in conjunction with the exhibition Making Music Modern: Design for Ear and Eye. Come see a MoMA staff member play a recently acquired 1957 Fender Stratocaster guitar and 1959 Bassman amp live in the gallery.
• Don’t miss MoMA Nights in the Sculpture Garden this Thursday, featuring Lower Dens (6:30 p.m.) and an opening DJ set by Newtown radio’s Stadiums & Shrines (5:30 p.m.). The galleries also stay open until 8:00 p.m., and refreshments and drinks are available at our cafés and Garden Bar. Not in New York? This week’s performances will be live-streamed.
• The weekend party of the summer continues on Saturday with Warm Up at MoMA PS1, featuring sets by Untold, Vessel, Ninos Du Brasil, Cut Hands, and French Fries b2b Bambounou.
• And finally, see modern art masterworks like Vincent van Gogh’s The Starry Night and Gustav Klimt’s Adele Bloch Bauer II after the Museum closes to the public. Get your tickets today for Evening Tour: MoMA’s Masterworks on Saturday at 5:30 p.m.
Read more here:: This Week at MoMA: August 10–16