Film programs lead this week’s offerings, along with some special pop-up activities. Check it out:
• On Tuesday and Friday (and next Tuesday) join Lele Saveri and other artists from The Newsstand and 8-Ball Zines for a MoMA Teens free zine workshop, from 4:00 to 6:30 p.m. Materials will be provided, but participants should bring preexisting drawings, photographs, and collage materials that they want to include in their zines. Workshops will be filled on a first-come basis, so show up early to reserve a spot.
• Beginning Thursday, MoMA kicks off a weeklong run of Charles Poekel’s Christmas, Again—a portrait of a forlorn Christmas tree vendor in Brooklyn—with an introduction and Q&A with the director.
• A 10-film retrospective of Italian director Antonio Pietrangeli also starts on Thursday with his last completed feature, I Knew Her Well (1965). Other screenings include The Bachelor (1955), It Happened in Rome (1957), and The Visit.
• Another 10-film, Italy-focused screening series, a look at 15 years of Italian cinema from Rai Cinema, starts on Friday, beginning with Tale of Tales, starring Salma Hayek, Vincent Cassel, and Toby Jones.
• On Saturday, enjoy Quiet Please! Silent Films, a special Family Films program for ages six and up, featuring live piano accompaniment.
• And on Saturday night, take in a special toast and tour celebrating Picasso Sculpture to see Picasso’s exceptional sculptures after the Museum closes to the public.
Read more here:: This Week at MoMA: November 30–December 6